English Literature Teacher - Elan Education Training Shanghai - China
No experience required
8th December 2017
Applications close in -369 days
1. Deliver high quality literature, writing, and phonics courses to students including assigned quizzes.
2. Issue, explain and mark all tasks and assignments, including in-class and post class assignments, to students and parents of younger students.
3. Conduct phonics tests and free trials for new students and make recommendations for classes.
4. Enforce a "culture of English” and other élan expectations through classroom discipline and focus.
5. Work with the Center manager, Head Teacher and other staff in the center to be informed about schedule changes, absences, and students having trial classes, as well as create strategies for special case students.
6. Substitute for absent colleagues - this may be at short notice and off-site, or involve assistance in the library during busy times, particularly if you have an empty slot on a weekend.
7. Participate in a training course held by the academic department, which will help you become familiar with all aspects of Élan curriculum, lesson flow, and quiz schedules.
8. If your work schedule allows and you have an interest, there is an opportunity to assist with the development of our curriculum, winter and summer classes materials, and also to assist with marketing events
Five days a week (three weekdays and Sat/Sun), with two consecutive days off on weekdays.
Weekday hours: 11am-8pm (with 1 hour for lunch)
Weekend hours: 9am-6pm (with 1 hour for lunch)
Summer and winter holiday schedule will be arranged by the Centre Manager of each centre accordingly
Qualifications & Requirements
Required CertificatesTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours, TESL/TEFL Certificate
Minimum Teaching Experience1 Year
Native speakers and citizens of the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and South Africa.
Bachelor’s degree or above
Formal English teaching experience is preferred: 1 year and above
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Monthly salary: 16000RMB to 22000RMB, before tax
Discretional bonus based on annual performance
Up to 8000 RMB flight reimbursement (one-way to or from, or return to your home country) after completing a one year contract
Health and accident insurance for a one-year contract
A legal Z Work Visa with work permit provided
Arrival Support: Airport pick-up
Up to 1200RMB hotel fee reimbursement, paid after the 2 months’ probation period
10000RMB start-up loan for accommodation (Teachers have to provide their passport and accommodation contract as a guarantee until the loan is paid back in three months).
11 days for Chinese Public Holidays plus 11 days for paid annual leave. 3 days full paid sick leave, 7 days half-paid sick leave (teachers need to provide sick note get from local hospital).