Secondary ESL TEACHER needed in Taunnggyi. Take home $1800. Apartment provided
25th March 2020
Applications close in 25 days
About Taunggyi city!
- Taunggyi’s culturally diverse population means that it has places of worship for a host of religions, including a number of mosques, a Chinese Buddhist monastery (Kwan Yin Si Hpaya Kyaung) and a Catholic cathedral (St Joseph’s).
- The Shan State Cultural Museum is a pretty dusty and basic place, but offers some insight into the history and style of the various tribes in the area, as well as some local political history. Entry is K2,000. Being located at an altitude of 1,436 metres, Taunggyi (which means ‘Big Mountain’ in Burmese) has a cool and pleasant year-round climate.
- Brainworks - Total is a unique group of k-12 integrated schools offering Pre, Primary, Secondary, IGCSE and A Level education.In the Ten years since the founding, Brainworks - Total Group of Schools has expanded to 11 branches with over 2500 very motivated students, and 400 dedicated teachers and staff.
What are your teaching conditions?
- 5 working days: Monday to Friday ( 7:30am - 4:30pm )
- 2 Days off: Saturday & Sunday
- Teaching hours: no more than 24 teaching hours per week
- Office hours: 16 hours/ week
- Summer break paid
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to send your application.
- Your Resume
- BA Degree copy and relevant documents
- Native speaker teachers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa
- Have Bachelor degree
- TEFL / TESOL, CELTA, GCSE, PGCE preferable
- At least 1 year of relevant teaching experience
- Good command of communication skills, inspiring personalities
- High sense of responsibility and enthusiasm for teaching
- Be able to start immediately, Feb or March 1st 2020
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Base salary: $1,800/ month
- Unshared apartment provided (on or near campus). It has TV, AC, DVD, bedroom with wardrobe, bathroom with western stone shower, glass wall, gym, etc.
- Free daily nutritional school lunches
- National holiday paid (up to 30 days)
- Vacation paid
- Medical insurance provided
- Work visa and work permit sponsored
- Free flight ticket for teachers who are in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Singapore.